My favorite fruit…it’s only authentically available once a year. I thought this would be a good chance to say farewell to autumn, and pomegranates.
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate seeds
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit (sour: 4-5 tbsp. sweet: 1-2 tbsp.)
- 1 packet of powder pectin
Make the jelly:
- Gently crush the seeds in a small saucepan with a spoon, potato masher, or your hands. Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Let the juices simmer, then add the sugar and pectin. Bring the jelly to a boil.
- Boil for about a minute, just until the mixture starts to jelly-fy.
- Spoon into a CLEAN half-pint jar. Enjoy on toast, bagels, etc, etc, etc.
Warning: Pomegranates stains like a bitch! Wear an apron!