Probably the richest cake you’ll ever find; it’s smooth and just the right amount of dense. Its elegance might even fool yourself into thinking it was difficult to make.
You’ll be surprised at how simple it is trust me.
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 sticks of butter (& more for greasing)
- 8 oz bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
Make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Use a spring-form pan, cut out a circle of parchment paper (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and grease the pan with butter.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and butter together in a small-ish bowl over simmering water. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the sugar. Then add the eggs one by one, whisk well after each addition. If you feel like being an over-achiever, sift the cocoa powder over the batter and whisk until smooth. If you’re lazy like me, just pour the cocoa powder over the batter and whisk until smooth. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is cracked a little, a fork inserted comes out clean, and your kitchen smells like rainbows and happiness.
Lick the bowl.
Enjoy, my lovelies! <3, B