I was really in the mood for cupcakes..actually I’m always in the mood for cupcakes…but today in particular. This recipe is inspired by my favorite cupcakes ever.
Garnish these cupcakes with sweetened shredded coconut.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 canola oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Frost the cupcakes my Creamy Coconut Frosting recipe (below vvv)
- Preheat the oven to 350, set up a 12-muffin tray with liners.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk together the wet ingredients in another. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk until just combined.
- Fill the tray with batter (I use an icecream scoop) not all the way to the top!
- Bake the cupcakes for 14-15 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched and a fork inserted comes out clean.
The apple cider combined with the baking soda in this recipe is what makes them so fluffy and light.
Make the Frosting:
- In a standing electric mixer, beat 3 cups of powdered sugar with a couple small splashes of coconut milk. Careful not to add too much milk; a little is actually a whole lot. Add 2 tbsp. softened unsalted butter and beat until the mixture is thick and can just hold soft peaks. Spoon into a piping bag and decorate or just frost the cooled cupcakes with a butter knife.
Enjoy! <3, B