I was looking through my posts and realized that I haven’t posted this one yet, which is surprising because I love lemon bars and everyone should know about it. Fresh zest and juice are the secret weapons in this recipe, so make sure you get real lemons. If you don’t want to juice lemons, however, you can always opt for a bottle of lemon juice and call it a day.
Make the Filling
- Zest from two lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons plus 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
Make the Crust
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1/2 lb, softened)
- 2 cups of flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- drop of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- For the crust; In a kitchen aid with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar. Gradually beat in the flour and salt, then add the vanilla.
- Use a rubber spatula to scoop out the dough and onto a floured surface. Press the dough into a 8×15 pyrex, then bake for 10-15 or until the dough is light brown and slightly crisped around the edges.
- While the dough is baking, whisk the filling ingredients in a small bowl. When the crust comes out of the oven, pour the filling over the dough and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the bars cool before slicing them into squares.
Enjoy! <3, B