These are crazy. First let’s discuss the layers; chocolate chip cookie, oreo cookies, and brownie. It’s like butter, sugar and chocolate had a freaky one night stand and this is the product. However, I didn’t come up with the name. These are classic slutty brownies.
Sorry no finished product picture, I completely forgot..
Make the brownies
- 1 box brownie mix (I use Ghirardelli)
- Oreos (about 1 sleeve/row)
For the chocolate chip cookie layer:
- 1 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (didn’t appear in the group photo, sorry!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a glass pan. Make the brownie batter, set aside.
- WIth a hand mixer, cream the sugars and butter together. Add the egg & vanilla and beat until blended. In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add to the butter mixture gradually, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Assembly: spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the greased pan. Place the oreos in rows (don’t over do it, I did three columns), and pour the brownie batter on top. Level out the top with a knife or off set spatula. I pour sprinkles on the top before baking, but that’s just me.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. I had to keep checking because my rough draft’s time was off, so keep checking on them! You’ll know they’re done when a knife inserted in the center comes out with a few moist brownie crumbs.