These are the real deal. I’m disappointed that I can’t show the pictures I took; my computer is being stupid and the disk is full. Until then, you’ll just have to take my word for it. These chocolates are I-spent-all-night-perfecting-them good. Try them! I can’t show you pictures right now, but I can promise you won’t be disappointed.
Make the caramels
- 2 bars of good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 1/3 cup of butter (cold)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the water and stir with a wooden spoon. Raise the heat and cook the mixture until it turns that amber caramel color, swirling the pan occasionally while doing so.
- After you reach the desired pigment, remove the pan from heat and add the cold butter. Stir with the wooden spoon until combined, then add the heavy cream. Put the pan in the fridge until the mixture has cooled and thickened completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave with 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth and shiny.
- With a tablespoon, scoop dollops of the caramel onto a wax paper-lined plate or cookie sheet and form into squares or balls with your CLEAN hands. Put the caramels back in the fridge for a few minutes, then take them out and dunk in the chocolate, put them back on wax paper, and allow them to harden at room temperature.
Enjoy! <3, B