Your entire life depends on whether or not you foil and grease the pan you’re using to make this liquid gold/drug of a dessert. Don’t learn the hard way. Also, if you’re as impatient as me when it comes to waiting, the bark a few minutes fresh from the oven is equally good spooned over ice cream as it is when it’s solidified in bark form.
Make the Bark:
- 20-30 saltine crackers
- 2 sticks of salted butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of whole almonds, roughly chopped
- Line a baking pan with foil and grease it. Cover the bottom of the pan with saltines and sprinkle a handful of almonds over the crackers.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the butter and sugar until boiling. Reduce the heat and let the toffee simmer for a couple minutes, stirring frequently. Once it’s thickened, stir in the rest of the almonds and pour the mixture over the saltines.
- Let the bark cool before cutting, or just wait a few minutes and spoon the toffee over ice cream.
Enjoy! <3, B